30 January 2006

金閣寺 : Japan Series #3


Kyoto is famous for many things, one of which is
金閣寺 [kinkakuji] or "The Golden Temple". It's actually covered in gold leaf and surrounded by a zen garden and "mirror lake" which of course, was full of coy. I wonder what kind of fishing it would be... Anyway, I thought since it's probably one of the most famous images of Kyoto so I thought I'd post this picture. It gives a bit of famous-ness to my life. Kind of like visiting a location featured in Awake! (Seriously, I did that two years ago, when I visited Ireland's Burren) I wonder how many other people make it a point to visit Awake locations. It's kind of cool when you can say... "Oh I went here, it's featured in March 8, 2004 issue of Awake!" (Which happens to be the article showcasing the Burren, by the way) I also flew into Kansai Airport, featured in the Jan 8, 1996 issue of Awake! Hey, I could build a whole itinerary around Awake! locations! Isn't the WT Library great?
v(^_^)v

No comments: